The adventure continues. I am 1/3 of the way to Cambodia and flexibility is key. The flight from DFW to Narita was great - nice comfy PJs are given to you and they even did "turn down service" - normally I get that enough in my personal life, but they assured me they were just referring to making my bed :)
When I landed I pulled up my email only to discover that Japan Airlines had changed my flight for tomorrow to depart 5 hours later than planned - meaning I would miss my connection in Bangkok. Well, I cannot say enough nice things about the AA staff here in Japan - WOW were they accomodating. The young gal got creative - found a flight later tonight from Narita to Bangkok that they could get me on. She took me right through security - bypassing the long line - and to the ticket counter where they made sure I was booked and that I was able to change my hotel reservations. She then walked me to the 1st Class lounge for Japan Airlines as I have a couple hours to kill. The ladies who work here were equally as nice - allbeit a bit confused at first :) This is one swanky lounge - the restrooms have heated toilet seats AND 2 options in the toilet to wash one's fanny! :)
So now even thoght I don't get into Bangkok until 11 PM I will have most of the day to explore versus the few hours I would have had here in Narita/Tokyo. PLUS I won't have to stress about making my connection in Bangkok. So, it all worked out. Now I am just trying to stay awake so I get on my flight in time :) That's it for now, more to follow.
And that is why I took pictures of toilets :).
ReplyDeleteFascinating culture.